What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or respond to a survey.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter the following: your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any information that we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to better understand your needs
- To improve your shopping experience – We continuously strive to improve our website so that you can get the best experience.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your queries.
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or provided to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To use it in a contest, special promotion, survey, activity or other site feature
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide at checkout, may be used to send you important information and updates related to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product service information, new items you might be interested in etc.
How do we make sure your information is protected?
Customers are responsible to remember and protect their own username and password safety and security on Laptop Outlet. We recommend choosing a strong password and changing it frequently. We also suggest you not using the same credentials across multiple websites.
We do provide a variety of security measures including offering the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Our servers and website are security scanned and fully verified externally by McAfee Secure from Symantec on a daily basis to protect you online. Click on the certificated seal to learn more. For more information, please visit our Secure Shopping page.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Do we provide any information to outside parties?
Absolutely not. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities on these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: 19 February 2019